Discrete Manufacturing Industry Needs Coordinated and Integrated Systems and Processes
If companies within the Discrete Manufacturing Industry made a list of their most pressing needs , we suspect it might look something like this:
- Reduce procurement costs through strategic sourcing
- Simplify the product design process
- Enhance product innovation through vendor collaboration
- Provide value-added services throughout supply chain to maintain competitive advantage
- Lower operating and technology costs
The challenges facing companies within the Discrete Manufacturing Industry today seem rather daunting – the market demands lower prices, forcing them to efficiently manage their supply chain to keep costs down and maintain their margins. And without the right tools in place, industrial manufacturers often struggle with disconnected systems and process that can erode customer value, reduce profitability, and diminish competitiveness.
These challenges affect all lines of business.
- Product Development and Engineering teams as well as research and development groups lack the collaborative capabilities they need to ensure rapid time to market for new products and solutions
- Sales has difficulty configuring, quoting, and selling complex products that rely on numerous sister companies, suppliers, contract manufacturers, and channel partners to be produced and distributed
- Supply Chain folks cannot provide accurate forecasts across distributed manufacturing plants and complex supply networks
- Manufacturing operates in a disconnected mode, causing poor visibility and communication with other departments, driving up production costs and lead times
- Service personnel are unable to provide high-margin, performance-based service offerings bundled with the original equipment
But what if you could…
- Streamline procurement and production – automates sourcing to lower costs company-wide
- Optimize product design process – increasing asset utilization, minimizing complexity, and enabling collaboration to produce innovative products.
- Enhance value-added services – enabling product innovation and integrating customer intelligence throughout the supply chain
The good news is, there are solutions that will help automate business processes and services available to address your most pressing needs, all at once.
Why Emergys for Discrete Manufacturing Industry
Every company within the Discrete Manufacturing industry wants to remain competitive, as well as continue to expand into new markets, and grow. But with growth, emerges the importance of visibility across all processes and without it companies run the risk of compliance, poor quality data, and possibly losing market share. We can help you to understand how you help avoid these mistakes and capitalize on new growth opportunities.
For more information, contact us today.